Monday, September 12, 2011

Eight

Eight wonderful, life-changing, challenging, glorious child-filled years. Eight years of questions. Eight years of learning as we go. Eight years of are we doing this right. Eight years of movie nights, trips back and forth across the country to visit family, picking up the same toys and wiping the same smudges off the windows. Eight years of sloppy kisses, tight hugs, I love yous and goodbyes.

As I see it, we've had eight years of normal.

When people ask how we "deal with it" or how we stay so strong, I always say the same thing. I've never known anything different. I came into this the same way she did. She is still (and always will be) Mykaya Noelle, my headstrong firstborn with the big blue eyes and beautiful dark eyelashes for miles. I relish the memories of her babyhood and toddler days the same as any other mommy. I have the same pictures, the same uncertainties, the same regrets as every other first time mom.




She is simply beautiful, and I am so very lucky that I have been chosen and trusted to be her mom.

I can't imagine a life any sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment